Brad Hathaway of Far View Capital Management presented his in-depth investment thesis on Radisson Hospitality (Sweden: RADH) at European Investing Summit 2018.
Radisson Hospitality is an operator, manager, and franchisor of Radisson-branded hotels in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. The stock suffered from a significant overhang as a result of the financial troubles of its 70%-owner, distressed Chinese conglomerate HNA.
In August, HNA agreed to sell its 70% stake to Jin Jiang, a Chinese company that is the fifth-largest hotel company in the world. As a result of the sale, Jin Jiang is obligated under Swedish law to bid for the remaining 30% public ownership at a price of at least SEK 35 per share.
However, for Jin Jiang to take the remainder of RADH private, they will likely have to offer a much higher price in order to achieve the 90% threshold required to squeeze out the remaining minority owners.
At 8-9x EBITDA, which Brad believes remains a discount to fair value, Brad estimates RADH to be worth ~SEK 50-57 per share. Jin Jiang’s acquisition of European hotel chain Groupe Du Louvre took place at 12+x EBITDA, implying a stock price of more than SEK 77 per share.
The full session is available exclusively to members of MOI Global.
Members, log in below to access the full session.
Not a member?
Thank you for your interest. Please note that MOI Global is closed to new members at this time. If you would like to join the waiting list, complete the following form:
About the instructor:
Brad Hathaway is the Managing Partner of Far View Capital Management. Before founding Far View Capital Management in 2011, Mr. Hathaway worked for four years at J. Goldman & Company, a New York City-based hedge fund. At J. Goldman, Mr. Hathaway worked as an analyst and a portfolio manager on the firm’s value team. His role there included sourcing and analyzing investment opportunities and managing a portfolio comprised of global securities from multiple asset classes with a focus on US publicly-traded equities. Prior to J. Goldman, Mr. Hathaway worked for three years as an analyst at Tocqueville Asset Management where he discovered and researched global long and short equity investments for the International Value mutual fund and the Global Partners hedge fund. Mr. Hathaway graduated with a B.A. in Political Science from Yale University.
About The Author: MOI Global Editorial Team
The MOI Global Editorial Team, led by John Mihaljevic, CFA, includes community builders, event organizers, writers, editors, research associates, security analysts, and fanatical member support advocates. Our sole purpose is to serve the members of MOI Global as well as we possibly can in order to help them learn, invest intelligently, and build lifelong friendships with like-minded people.
Who is MOI Global? In recent years, The Manual of Ideas has expanded to become more than simply “the very best investing newsletter on the planet” (Mohnish Pabrai). We are now a thriving global community of intelligent investors, connected through great ideas, thought-provoking interviews, online conferences, live member events, and much more.
Members of MOI Global enjoy complimentary access to a growing array of resources and content related to the art of intelligent investing. Members also enjoy preferential access to selected offline events as well as exclusive access to other events hosted by MOI Global, including the Zurich Project Summit, the Latticework Conference, and Ideaweek.
More posts by MOI Global Editorial Team