We had the pleasure of speaking with quality-focused superinvestor François Rochon, president and portfolio manager of Giverny Capital, based in Montreal.
Over nearly three decades of following the same investment strategy, François has delivered outperformance of roughly 6% per annum as compared to the relevant benchmark.
In the wide-ranging conversation with John, François discusses:
- the core tenets of his investment philosophy;
- quantitative vs. qualitative factors in the research process;
- portfolio construction and risk management;
- Giverny’s selling discipline;
- AMETEK vs. Stericycle, and the Philip Carret rule;
- the Carmax case study;
- developing rationality, humility, and patience; and
- building a great team at Giverny Capital.
Members, log in below to access the restricted content.
Not a member?
Thank you for your interest. Please note that MOI Global is closed to new members at this time. If you would like to join the waiting list, complete the following form: