Corey Wrenn discussed his book, University of Berkshire Hathaway: 30 Years of Lessons Learned from Warren Buffett & Charlie Munger at the Annual Shareholders Meeting, at MOI Global’s Meet-the-Author Summer Forum 2019. Corey serves as President and CEO of Pecaut & Company, based in Sioux City, Iowa.
The full session is available exclusively to members of MOI Global.
Members, log in below to access the full session.
Not a member?
Thank you for your interest. Please note that MOI Global is closed to new members at this time. If you would like to join the waiting list, complete the following form:
About the book:
University of Berkshire Hathaway is a remarkable retelling of the lessons, wisdom, and investment strategies handed down personally from Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger to shareholders during 30 years of their closed-door annual meetings.
From this front row seat, you’ll see one of the greatest wealth-building records in history unfold, year by year.
If you’re looking for dusty old investment theory, there are hundreds of other books waiting to cure you of insomnia. However, if you’re looking for an investing book that’s as personal as it is revelatory, look no further.
Packed with Buffett and Munger’s timeless, generous, and often hilarious wisdom, University of Berkshire Hathaway will keep serious investors turning pages late into the night:
- Get unique insight into the thinking, strategies, and decisions–both good and bad — that made Buffett and Munger two of the world’s greatest investors.
- Understand the critical reasoning that leads Buffett and Munger to purchase a particular company, including their methods for assigning value.
- Learn the central tenets of Buffett’s value-investing philosophy “straight from the horse’s mouth.”
- Enjoy Munger’s biting wit as he goes after any topic that offends him.
- Discover Buffett’s distaste for “commonly accepted strategies” like modern portfolio theory.
- See why these annual meetings are often called “an MBA in a weekend.”
About the author:
Corey Wrenn is the President and CEO of Pecaut & Company. Before he joined the firm in 1992, he worked for Berkshire Hathaway in the audit and accounting areas for about nine years, focusing primarily in the insurance subsidiaries. Prior to that, he obtained his CPA designation and worked for a local public accounting firm. Corey holds a B.S. (Business Administration) from the University of South Dakota, (1981) and an M.B.A (Business Administration) from the University of Nebraska at Omaha, (1989).