On Friday, August 7 at 3pm ET, we hosted our first Small Group Virtual Member Meetup. The goal was to enable members to discuss investment-related topics in an informal setting moderated by John.
We touched on the following topics, among others:
- What to make of tech company valuations
- Whether banks are undervalued or no longer investable
- How the interest rate environment impacts valuations
- To what extent the world is oversupplied with nearly everything
- The role of cable companies in a world of streaming
- The market influence of passive investing
- How to think about opportunities in the energy sector
- Dematerialization: fact or trope? [related paper]
- Alcoholic beverage companies, and what won’t change
- The V-shaped recovery and the Fed’s influence
Members, log in below to access the restricted content.
Not a member?
Thank you for your interest. Please note that MOI Global is closed to new members at this time. If you would like to join the waiting list, complete the following form:
About The Author: MOI Global Editorial Team
The MOI Global Editorial Team, led by John Mihaljevic, CFA, includes community builders, event organizers, writers, editors, research associates, security analysts, and fanatical member support advocates. Our sole purpose is to serve the members of MOI Global as well as we possibly can in order to help them learn, invest intelligently, and build lifelong friendships with like-minded people.
Who is MOI Global? In recent years, The Manual of Ideas has expanded to become more than simply “the very best investing newsletter on the planet” (Mohnish Pabrai). We are now a thriving global community of intelligent investors, connected through great ideas, thought-provoking interviews, online conferences, live member events, and much more.
Members of MOI Global enjoy complimentary access to a growing array of resources and content related to the art of intelligent investing. Members also enjoy preferential access to selected offline events as well as exclusive access to other events hosted by MOI Global, including the Zurich Project Summit, the Latticework Conference, and Ideaweek.
More posts by MOI Global Editorial Team