• Dominant market share in Taiwan (cap & closure 80%, PET 60%, label 40%), one of the three largest PET bottlers in China and has fast-growing presence in Southeast Asia.
  • “In-House Strategy” since 2008 to break out of price competition and command significantly higher profit margin and ROA 8.4%, figures that are more than double those of rivals. EPS up 254% from FY08, or a CAGR 23.5%.
  • Sustainable margins: 60% of “In-House” customers are locked in 10-year contract with bigger companies such as Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Uni-President; the other 40% are higher-margin smaller customers.
  • Chairman Dai and CEO Cao deserves credit for spotting the trend of PET as the dominant form of beverage packaging in 1993 and persevering to execute the “In-House” business model.
  • Incentivized but not entrenched owners and management with 6.9% of equity stake.
  • Current market cap $586 million (TWD 67.4)
  • PE13e 12x, div yield 4.4%
  • Potential valuation: $1.5-1.6 billion market cap, +150-170% in 3-5 years
  • In 1990 when Crown was generating $100 million in profit and operating cashflow at ROA 4.1% as Peter Lynch retired, market cap was around $1.6 billion. If THC is able to double its FY13e $48 million profits in the next 4 years to $100 million at 20% CAGR, there is likely a PE-rerating upwards to a market cap of $1.5 billion.

Members, log in below to access the restricted content.

Not a member?

Thank you for your interest.  Please note that MOI Global is closed to new members at this time. If you would like to join the waiting list, complete the following form: