Chuck Akre, founder of Akre Capital Management, participated in the “Talks at Google” series in 2017. He was hosted by Saurabh Madaan.
Chuck discussed the following in his talk:
1. I started with zero knowledge
2. I needed to figure out what made a good investor
3. What made a good investment?
4. How do you measure the success of a private business?
5. What are real returns over time?
6. Why is this the case?
7. There a lots of way to get to heaven (Nirvana)
8. The magic of compounding
9. There is no correct answer!
Chuck established Akre Capital Management in 1989 and, for a time, operated it as part of Friedman, Billings, Ramsey & Co. In 2000, Akre Capital Management again became independent and established its location in Middleburg, VA in 2002. Chuck holds a B.A. in English Literature from American University.